Last Wednesday, I ran 10 miles. This was the longest I had run nonstop since March of 1975 (I am 53 years old). It took a few days to recover, but I think that I am now ready to try another long run. This time I would like to cover a half-marathon distance of 13.1 miles. If I succeed, then I will enter the February 14 half-marathon here in Gainesville, Florida. I plan to make my attempt at 13.1 miles either today or Wednesday, using my neighborhood as the course. As with the 10 mile run before, I am just going to try to cover the distance without emphasizing speed.
I really would like to be more comfortable running longer distances. Someday I would like to try running a full marathon. But I need to eat better, get my weight down, and get used to running at longer distances than I have been doing. I have been running 3.4 to 3.6 miles every other day, alternating with weight training designed to strengthen my upper body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment