Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mass Brain Freeze in Massachusetts

Ouch.

I can't wait for the shock and dismay to set in when Senator Centerfold votes consistently against the interests and political leanings of those whose votes elected him. I give the brilliant people of Massachusetts about a month before the brain thaw sets in.

I understand that one poll taken of voters stated that 48% of them had health care reform as their number one issue, and most opposed the legislation in its current form (as do I). But that isn't the only issue involved here. There are a multitude of important items that will be next to impossible to act upon now that the stonewalling GOP has 41 votes in the Senate. And one of those items is likely to be a U.S. Supreme Court nomination.

Scott Brown will, alas, have to run for reelection in 2012 (if he still wants the job by then and doesn't "go rogue" like Palin). So the Democrats in Massachusetts have a couple more years to try to come up with a candidate that can match their previous one in arrogance and political stupidity. But let's see how "independent" the new senator will truly be. He'll have to be more like a Snowe or Collins than a Santorum if he wants to have a prayer of being reelected in '12. Unless, of course, Martha Coakley is renominated by the Dems.

No comments:

Post a Comment