--I've been recalcitrant with this blog, but I think things will most likely begin to kick back up again soon...
---Anyone around me (including myself) who has problems with respiratory allergies is suffering greatly, with all of the pollen currently floating around in the air...
---I recently tried something interesting: watching two movies at the same time. They were Clint Eastwood's Oscar-winning Unforgiven and Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut. They were simultaneously on two different channels (Bravo and Encore Mystery) and I sat there, switching back and forth on my remote. I've done this before with movies that I've already seen, but I think this is the first time for two first-runs (for me). The result? I came out of it feeling as if I watched two movies in their entirety! And they were both quite good (and very different from each other)...
---The University of Florida women's basketball team bowed out of the NCAA championship tournament with an expected loss to #1 Connecticut. Meanwhile the men's team lost to Penn State in the NIT quarterfinals. Congratulations to both teams (although I'm sure they are pretty disappointed right now). Next year, the women's team will need to rebuild, but the men's should be much stronger, with almost everyone returning.
---The US Postal Service has been in the news lately, announcing plans to cut its workforce. My only comment is that they would be better served to invest a little in offering some tangible incentives for early retirement. I believe that many longtime employees are currently refraining from retiring due to uncertainty about the economy and the plunging value of their retirement accounts...
---Once I get over my present health issues mainly concerning allergies, I plan to resume my running. I'm already doing much more this year than I had since 1975. And back then, I lived in South Florida and encountered ZERO hills. Here in Gainesville, I have been running a course that involves running up and down several hills. And the surrounding trees should provide some much needed shade during the summer months. Much better training!
---Hopefully, we'll begin to get more rainfall, starting this week. If not, we're due for a disastrous fire season here in north central Florida...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
«I recently tried something interesting: watching two movies at the same time.»
ReplyDeleteWhat was your multiplexing rate?
Dear Diary,
ReplyDeleteI learned a new word today: "multiplex"!
Just switching back and forth every few minutes revealed to me that much of a movie, even a very good one, can be dispensed with without interfering with the flow of the story, or even its mood.
But your comment made me wonder: what if the two movies were shown at the same time on the same channel, each in very shorts bits, say---a tenth of a second segments, and alternating with each other. Would my brain be capable of assimilating both movies at the same time, or would I necessarily favor one over the other?