I had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving at home with my family today. My son Will joined us, coming home from college for a few days’ break. And my brother-in-law visited us for Thanksgiving dinner, too. This year, I didn’t have to go to work, so I’m at the dining room table typing this out in the evening. Earlier, I ran about 1.5 miles as darkness descended on us after the ever-earlier twilight. My wife Melissa planned and prepared our wonderful meal, with courses of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, “green fluff” (a pistachio/pineapple/whipped cream dessert), deviled eggs, olives, rolls, macaroni and cheese, and pecan pie. I watched some football as well on TV.
Thanksgiving, of course, is more than stuffing oneself with food, football, and bringing family together for a while. It is also a time to reflect on the different things to be thankful for. Sure, we’re living in dangerous times, and the economy is unstable. But when hasn’t that been the case? I live in a country that peacefully and orderly allows its people to change governments through elections, and I’m grateful for the recent election and its results. I am thankful to have a good job with benefits that allow my family and me to enjoy affordable, comprehensive medical care. And to live in a time when the advances in that field show so much hope. And I am thankful to be able to freely express my thoughts on this blog! It is quite a liberating experience. If you’re a reader and don’t yet have your own blog, you are missing out on something that you could be thankful for as well! It’s free, so sign up and get in on the fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment