Early in the Morning od Jun e 11th, on which my late mother would be turning 86, while chasing down a roach before heading to the back of the house,, I lost my balance and collided, nose-first, with the hard kitchen floor. At first I was convinced that a tooth had been broken, but the effect was to violenty twist the cartilage of my nose, bringing on some scary, acute nosebleed before the needed clotting set in. Melissa quickly drove my sorry ass down to the UFHealh Emergency room on NW 39th Avenue. After my session there, I returned home and slept off the rest o the morning, grateful to God for His divine protection during that time of my personal foolishness that I hope I learned something important from. The rest of the day saw me being much more careful with my movements while honoring my wonderful mother's memory..Now onward to June 12th..
g
First off, how very nice to be thinking of your late mom on this day. As for your bashed nose, I feel for you there. I was staying at La Quinta in Cocoa Beach with Laurie and my husband about 8 - 10 years ago and it was raining quite hard. I was running to the receptionist desk to get a TV remote so we could watch something and ran smack into a plate glass window which I thought was an open doorway. Smashed my nose to bits. I finally got it fixed during covid and can't believe how much better I can breathe now. Hope your nose isn't broken and that it's just a bit bruised and sore. No running in tomorrow's Park Run for you, I guess.
ReplyDelete