Saturday, May 2, 2026

Physical Energy Deficit Greatly Limits My Depot Parkwalk This Morning

 I'd like to believe that athletic progress for me is a linear proposition, that my performance level stands in more or less direct proportion to my workout efforts.  But on a day like today, which was characterized by an energy drought, the best I could come up with at Gainesville's weekly Depot Parkrun 5K was a single, trudgy and slow lap through the park, which was crowded.  Melissa praised my efforts and explained that the cancer medicine I have been taking played a role in my race difficulty.  It was warm, overcast and humid there.  I got through that one lap, and felt I could have extended it.  Shauna, in passing me, near the end, greeted and encouraged me.  I wish her the best.  Melissa and I afterwards went through the Dunkin' Donuts drive-through line and brought home some coffee and breakfast.  Now I'm finishing the coffee and about to start on the donut..their chocolate-frosted donut icing doesn't run sloppily like Publix's does.   This afternoon and evening the MLB channel is showing a lot of live games, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of them.  Hope you enjoy baseball, and if it meshes with your interests, the Kentucky Derby... DOVER<DOVER,DOVER>....C'MON,DOVER, MOVE YER BLOOMIN' ASSS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment