I think I have lost some interest in the ongoing PGA tournament, that is, the Players Championship being held at Ponte Vedra in northern Florida near Jacksonville. The course is specially designed as a major water trap, especially on the 17th hole. In 2025 too many players shot the ball into the water, including J.J. Spaun, who couldn't keep up with defending champion Rory McIlroy during the sudden death playoff when he ran afoul of #17. Now I'm tired of hearing the endless commentary, where analysts who, as golfers, couldn't remotely compare to the pros with their inferior play, go into a stage of advanced nitpicking over the current players' shots. It gets really irksome when they go off on one of the actual tourney leaders, someone who has already demonstrated a competitive edge with some of these challenging holes. I know that the forecast is for rain and storms today, so it will be interesting to see how rainfall and wind might affect the level of play. The time is approaching 5:30 this early Sunday morning, and it won't be long before I return to bed with the AC on and Peewee in a hightened state of alert, ready to "play games" with me with her barking and WOOO WOOO WOOOO WOOO WOOO. Well, I guess I'll be watching a good amount of television today and doing exercise, including walking that encompasses our back yard with multiple inner perimeter laps. And my projected minimal level of fantasy fiction reading...
Sunday, March 15, 2026
Sunday Morning Exercise, Writing, Dog, Sleep, Coffee, TV
I think I have lost some interest in the ongoing PGA tournament, that is, the Players Championship being held at Ponte Vedra in northern Florida near Jacksonville. The course is specially designed as a major water trap, especially on the 17th hole. In 2025 too many players shot the ball into the water, including J.J. Spaun, who couldn't keep up with defending champion Rory McIlroy during the sudden death playoff when he ran afoul of #17. Now I'm tired of hearing the endless commentary, where analysts who, as golfers, couldn't remotely compare to the pros with their inferior play, go into a stage of advanced nitpicking over the current players' shots. It gets really irksome when they go off on one of the actual tourney leaders, someone who has already demonstrated a competitive edge with some of these challenging holes. I know that the forecast is for rain and storms today, so it will be interesting to see how rainfall and wind might affect the level of play. The time is approaching 5:30 this early Sunday morning, and it won't be long before I return to bed with the AC on and Peewee in a hightened state of alert, ready to "play games" with me with her barking and WOOO WOOO WOOOO WOOO WOOO. Well, I guess I'll be watching a good amount of television today and doing exercise, including walking that encompasses our back yard with multiple inner perimeter laps. And my projected minimal level of fantasy fiction reading...
Labels:
awake,
back yard,
Blog,
Books,
early morning,
golf,
Home Exercise,
Jacksonville,
Peewee daisy,
Reading,
Sleep,
Storms,
TV analysts,
Walking,
Weather,
Writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment