Thursday, March 12, 2026

Happy Birthday, Sweet Little Peewee!








 Happy Birthday, little Daisy Peewee Irwin! Our precious rescue dog, Peewee Daisy, is today now four years old, having been born on March 12th, 2022.  We picked her up at PetSmart's adoption fair on May  12th that year, two months later, at the same site in southwest Gainesville off Archer Road.  Little 7-pound Daisy at the same time was such a major-league crybaby that she would sadly and loudly whine when I was holding her for upwards to an hour, wanting me to place her back down among her litter-mates. She grew up fast and leveled off just at 50 pounds.  When I was in the hospital for brain surgery late last October, I expressed how much I was missing little PeeWee and wanted to see her again. Peewee is 100% complete dog, and I expect her to simply be herself, no more and no less.  My fervent intention is to sweet-talk and gently handle Daisy, encouraging affection from this genuine animal whose basic nature demands bonding and interaction.  I go back to the bedroom early in the morning and she goes haywire, erupting into a loud barking that can be heard down the street while vigorously wagging her tail and trying to speak to me.  May we enjoy many more sweet birthdays with Peewee...

No comments:

Post a Comment