A few days ago, near the start of he '26 Winter Olympics, I was dismayed to hear on the news about Trump going on a "you're a loser" angry rant against an athlete who simply answered a politically-oriented question. This president always has an open line to contact me and discuss anything he wants, and if the highly improbable were to happen and someone shoved a mike and camera before me with a highly charged question, that's how i'd reply. You see, I can't always control what happens to me, but more likely I have the option of being able to choose how to respond. And it's within my chosen responses that I have the opportunity for personal growth, and perhaps being able to take a positive step to help this sadly progressively degrading world we live in...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I quite agree with you, Bill. I thought the athletes were articulate and measured in their responses. I also thought that the Bad Bunny half-time show was done quite well, centering around positive thoughts with no outlandish political statements. I thought about you when I watched the show wondering if you were able to understand the words. I continue my Spanish lessons and while I've become pretty good at reading, like most learners, I have a terrible time trying to understand the spoken word. But, in the end, I didn't think a knowledge of the Spanish language was necessary anyway, as the message was very clear.
ReplyDeleteHalftime show: my objection at its startwas with BBunny staring down the camera with intimidation like he was staring ME down...I can't go for that. A later surey revvealed that most of the audience clearly DISLIKED that show. I thought it also greatly sucked, totally out of touch.
ReplyDelete