Tuesday, October 14, 2025

Talking Current Local Weather and Sports

 Here in northern Florida following our return from the recent cruise, the weather has mellowed a bit, with temperatures colder and the air dryer and more comfortable.  No recent rain either, and none is forecast for the near future.  My main issue has been avoiding intense sun glare.  Doesn't look like we'll be seeing any clouds providing the desired shade.  My recent overnight headaches have subsided considerably, temporarily or not.  I am seeking to return to a regular pattern of exercise while being more careful about what I eat.  Maybe a little later on I'll take a neighborhood walk, and then I'll see what's on TV regarding the baseball playoffs.  I have my preferences as to who wins them, but it's also all right, win or lose, if the games are played well.  I'll be happy whether Seattle, Toronto, Milwaukee or the Los Angeles Dodgers end up advancing to the World Series...they all had great 2025 seasons.  As for "my" local Florida Gators football team, struggling with a 2-4 record so far, they play their homecoming contest this Saturday against Mississippi State, a team they should be able to defeat with a strong performance.  Maybe the Gators will end up the regular season bowl-eligible.  In any event, it looks like head coach Billy Napier's final season at the helm.  Good...I don't expect UF to win the national title every year, but I do expect a higher level of play from them than I usually see.  Maybe next year we'll get a better coach...  

No comments:

Post a Comment