Thursday, October 2, 2025

Excursion About to Start

And now has come the time for Melissa and I to embark on our planned Caribbean excursion.  First we stay overnight at a hotel near the dock (after driving down there) and then, on the 3rd, we board our ship and "set sail".  Looks like we dodged a tropical storm by a week, although there is another system hanging around off the Florida east coast while the boat is still in port.  I'm looking forward to reaching both hotel and ship, and taking time at each stop to take a good rest...

4 comments:

  1. What a delightful way to spend s bit of time. I'm in Slovenia right now (Laurie is with me and my husband here) and it's amazing how being away from the constant influence of current events can help you achieve a sense of peace. When we're on a cruise if someone starts talking politics with us we usually just politely say that we don't talk politics when we're on vacation. Hope you have a great time and manage to escape any rough weather. And just a tidbit of info from a long-time cruiser...candied ginger is a great thing to bring along in case things get rocky, it's great at calming down potential sea-sickness. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying your time in the Caribbean and also the time away from your blog. I'm a firm believer in just getting away from it all every now and then. I'll look forward to your thoughts on life whenever you get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case my previous comment did not come through, I was just saying that I hope you are enjoying your time in the Caribbean and your pause from publishing your blog. I very much think that time away every once in a while does a body good. But I still look forward to seeing what you have to say whenever you get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're back home now, and for the most part, enjoyed our cruise. Other than morning headaches, the return has gone well. Just need to get my car back running again. Our dog Daisy seemed overjoyed to see us again. Take care...

      Delete