Thursday, July 3, 2025

Is Parainfluenza Infecting Our Community Right Now in Summer?

I'm not exactly sure what "para-flu" is, but earlier this evening a nurse used it to describe "what's going around everywhere"...including my dear sister-in-law Krista, who is now all-but-bedridden at our local Haven Hospice with terminal-stage cancer.  Melissa thinks she may have had it, possibly me...and, apparently half the people I run into in public are coughing and sneezing and sniffling.  Not that it's all the flu, or some related variety of sickness...I'm leaning toward the theory that I have seasonal allergies combined with post nasal drip issues.  I'm not going to let this annoyance keep me from my running or speed-walking, either: tomorrow morning it's the three-mile Jack Gamble Melon Run "run" by the Florida Track Club, of which I am a member with a "geezer" discount.  My plan: treat it, at least at the start, as simply a slow workout jog while trying to avoid getting trampled or doing likewise myself.  And immediately afterwards get the fudge out of there, as South Park's Eric Cartman would put it...   

No comments:

Post a Comment