I just finished another 500-piece jigsaw puzzle by artist Thomas Kincade. I like the scenes he depicts...this one is definitely a place I'd like to hang out at! On a completely unrelated subject, I'd like to briefly bring up the widespread outrage I'm picking up on in social and mass media over what our current, thoroughly disgusting president has been doing on a wide range of decisions. It's not that I don't generally agree with the criticisms I'm reading and hearing, but rather that the main problem, as I see it, is that American voters are responsible for the mess we're in. THEY voted the jerk into power. I have only one vote. People had all the information they needed FOR YEARS to vote otherwise, but that didn't change anything. So go ahead and spill out your outrage, for all the good it will do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Isn't Thomas Kincaid's mastery of using light to make those cottages look so warm and comforting amazing? I, myself, have taken to working on those adult colouring books, just like the ones we had back in the '70s. I find them to be a very good distraction, even if it is a fairly meaningless endeavour (actually, maybe the meaningless part is why I like them. They are rather like those sand gardens where you rake the sand and then just walk away). Anyway, the most distressing thing about the current administration (for me anyway) is the fact that so many of my fellow Americans voted for the man because he was, and is, saying exactly what they want to hear. And I have no sympathy for whatever situation they may soon find themselves in. I also include in that group anyone who was able to but did not vote as they helped push him over the line. On a different note, I will be thinking of you as you have your surgery this week. Just make sure you don't spend too much time looking at the news while you convalesce, no way could that be helpful to your healing. Sending nothing but good thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Becky, your comments are always very much welcome. I'm writing this on Tuesday the 11th...5 days following surgery. By all accounts it was successful...the surgeon reported it as a "textbook case". I left the hospital with Melissa the following morning and have been recovering at home since. That's why I haven't been writing on this blog lately...I'll probably write something more on it in the days to come.
ReplyDelete