In Gainesville this morning, unlike for the previous two weekends, extreme weather was not a factor in my racing. For today's Depot Parkrun 5K, held at that park a little ways south of downtown, the temperature was a pleasant 57 degrees at 7:30 race time although the humidity was a little bit heavy at 93%. I decided to speed-walk the 3.1 miles, seeing that it had been a while since the last time and I do like the idea of walking fast instead of running on at least one 5K per month. There were a lot of runners and walkers this morning...later on at 11 am there was another race in the area that drew several hundred entrants. I enjoyed pushing myself on this walk, but as before it seems that I've hit a wall when it comes to making a breakthrough with my time. I want to get my speed-walking best time below 38 minutes for a 5K, but today I crossed the finish line at 39:15. I wonder whether the slightly slippery asphalt surface...due to earlier showers...had anything to do with slowing me down. I enjoyed the event, though...click HERE to view the results. Next week the Florida Track Club is staging their annual Micanopy 10-Mile run, and I've already signed up for it. I'm hoping the weather remains reasonable for that race as well, but there's no telling what it will be like from week to week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment