Friday, December 6, 2024

Quote of the Week...from John F. Kennedy

There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction.
                                             John F. Kennedy

John F. Kennedy was our 35th president and the last one to die in office...his assassination in broad daylight on a motorcade in Dallas was a national trauma and marked my turn of attention for the first time, at the tender age of seven, toward politics.  He was widely regarded as a bold leader whose tragic early exit from life has spawned much speculation over the years about what might have happened had he remained alive.  But this is the reality we're passing through and we have to deal with what's before us.  His above quote appealed to me because...and I'm writing from personal experience...I tend to stay in my passive comfort zone too much and must intentionally make myself get out and do stuff.  The fear...and it is a misplaced fear...is that others will note whatever flawed efforts I'm making and criticize or even ridicule them.  But I cannot learn and make progress unless I DO: not doing gets me nowhere except obscurity and weakness...  

No comments:

Post a Comment