Thursday, November 28, 2024

Ran Today's Special Thanksgiving Day Edition of Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K

This morning the Depot Parkrun organization scheduled a special Thanksgiving Day 5K at that park a few blocks south of downtown Gainesville...and I ran it.  The temperature at 7:30 race time was 61 with a 100% humidity, warmer and muggier by far than last Sunday's marathon.  At first I was leaning toward speed-walking the event, knowing that another Parkrun would be held just two days later on Saturday the 30th.  I was also dealing with some pain in my left foot and a blister on a toe on the right foot, but at the last minute decided to run it instead...albeit not with any aim of achieving a personal best.  Starting out relatively slowly, I nonetheless caught up with and passed numerous runners who had started out too fast.  In the end I finished with a time of 28:25...almost two minutes off my personal Parkrun best of just two weeks ago but still, for me, a respectable result.  Although the humidity was a bit weighty this morning, I did appreciate the cloud cover and lack of glare...something to be thankful for!  Click HERE to see the results for today's event...

No comments:

Post a Comment