Saturday, November 16, 2024

Ran This Morning's Depot Parkrun 5K Here in Gainesville

This morning here in northern Florida it finally began to feel like the fall season, belatedly now in mid-November.  The temperature at 7:30, when the  Depot Parkrun 5K started, was 51 with a 96% humidity...a little chilly but in all, quite pleasant.  I decided to run the race this time since I had speed-walked a half-marathon last Sunday.  I thought that maybe I could improve on my Parkrun personal best time of 26:51 and started out fast, finding a strongly-paced couple ahead of me to follow closely.  That kept me honest with my own pacing, but by the end of the third lap in this four-lap race, they began to pull away from me.  Still, I stuck to it and finished running hard, attaining that personal best: 26 minutes 31 seconds.  No doubt the cooler temperature helped a lot with my performance, and I'm looking forward to cooler times ahead as fall eventually morphs into winter.  Click HERE to view today's posted results... 

No comments:

Post a Comment