Today, the first Saturday morning in November, the day before we turn our clocks back an hour to return to good old Standard Time (with late afternoon darkness), I got up and made it down to Gainesville's pretty Depot Park to engage in yet another Parkrun 5K there. And, again, I decided to run it (instead of speed-walking) in spite of the 100% humidity and 64 degrees...not exactly pleasant conditions but not unbearable, either. There weren't as many folks there today, and many chose to walk it...I totally understand. But in spite of the mugginess, I somehow finished 12th, with a time of 26:56, just 5 seconds slower than my fastest Parkrun finish...click HERE to view today's results. I always enjoy the positive, encouraging atmosphere there although with the shared pathway with dogs and little kiddies straying this way and that it can be a bit of a challenge to just avoid colliding or tripping over others. But that all goes with the territory, as they say, and I enjoyed the overall experience. Next week I plan to volunteer during the Parkrun, as the next day on Sunday the Florida Track Club is holding its annual Tom Walker Half-Marathon, which I usually run...although I'm considering speed-walking the 13.1 miles this time around. That is, assuming we don't get slammed by the next hurricane in the meantime...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment