Saturday, October 19, 2024

Ran This Morning's Depot Parkrun 5K

Today I got up early to prepare for Gainesville's free running/walking event: the Depot Parkrun 5K, held at that site a few blocks south of downtown on Saturday mornings.  At 7:30 race time (although the organizers balk at calling it a race), it was a pleasant 60 degrees with 87% humidity...fall is definitely finally (and thankfully) setting in. Since here in Gainesville this evening it's the University of Florida's homecoming football game (against Kentucky), I had thought that today's Parkrun would be crowded, but I had little problem getting a parking space near the starting line, so go figure.  Since I'm planning next Saturday morning to do a fundraiser walk with Melissa, today I decided to run it again.  It looks as if I've pretty much settled into a consistent "groove" of 5K finishing times between 26:51 and 27:28...today I crossed the line at 27:17.  You can see the results by clicking HERE.  Parkrun is a non-profit network of 5K events spread over several countries, originating in England.  You can register online and they will provide a barcode for you to print and take to the event for scanning and posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment