This morning I resumed my participation in Gainesville's weekly free 5K run/walk, the Depot Parkrun at Depot Park, a few blocks south of the city's downtown area. To get your finishing time recorded and posted, you can sign up on their website and they will provide a printable barcode for you to take to the race for them to scan...all free of charge. As with previous weeks, the weather was warm and (ugh) muggy, 72 degrees with 100% humidity, at the 7:30 race time. I had decided to run it and admittedly struggled some amid the humidity. Still, I had a reasonable finishing time at 27:28...click HERE to view the posted results. October promises some good race opportunities, yet I also have upcoming medical procedures that may interfere with me entering them...I'll just have to flow with what happens. In any event, I was happy to get out there again this morning and circle the park a few times...
Saturday, October 5, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment