Today I'm writing this late in the evening, in the aftermath of Hurricane Milton's attack on the Florida peninsula. It's effects were primarily felt on the west-central part of the state, in the area spanning Clearwater to Naples...and points inland as the storm, 120 mph landfall intensity, made its way eastward through Wednesday night and this morning, now weakened in the Atlantic. Although spin-off tornadoes were expected, the 126 we got...overwhelmingly making landfall in southeastern Florida...were astonishing. In Gainesville conditions were mild...we got rain and wind, but nothing like a couple of weeks ago with Helene. Still, my Florida Track Club decided to cancel its upcoming Saturday morning race...although the Depot Parkrun seems to be a go. The hotels here in town are still packed with the evacuees from further south, and the congestion on I-75 is reversed, clogged with southbound traffic now. I feel blessed to have skirted this storm, but also feel sympathy toward those returning home to less fortunate circumstances...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment