This morning Melissa and I went down to our local precinct's polling place...at the Senior Recreation Center across the street from Wal-Mart in far northern Gainesville..and cast our August 20 Primary ballot. There were five races on the sheet for us: US Senate, US House (District 3), two school board seats and a city commission spot. The Senate and House contests were to nominate the party's candidate for the November general election and the others were straight elections to office. No need to tell how I voted or which (if any) party the two of us belong to...we just did our civic duty and left. But not before being subjected to what I think is overkill with regard to security. Our votes after more than 4 hours of the polling station having been open only amounted to votes #53 and #54, but the hoops we had to jump through just to get our meager little ballots to fill out were far and beyond anything I had ever experienced with an election. And to boot, the little room was packed with election workers eyeballing everything: yes, I think overkill pretty much describes it.
Tuesday, August 20, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment