Not to belabor the point, but that Melon Run at Westside Park on Thursday the Fourth did take a lot out of me, and I was wondering why. After all, I have been more or less doing 5K runs at Depot Park each week under similar weather conditions. And then it hit me: of course, the terrain for the Melon Run course is almost constantly sloping, if not outright hilly! With the finishing time I had under those circumstances, there is no doubt that I doubly exerted myself, much more than with those Depot Park runs. I'm doing fine now and, although I'm still planning to emphasize more walking in the near future with my races, I know myself well enough to know that I'll probably throw in some runs as well. But the Dog Days of Summer are definitely here, and I'm definitely grateful for the air conditioning we've been blessed with...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment