Thursday, May 30, 2024

New Treadmill Routine at Gym

Over the past few weeks I have been occasionally visiting my local gym after work to try out a new routine on their treadmill.  Part of what I am trying to do is work out intensely for brief stretches by running and walking on the treadmill at my maximum speed capable for a sustained length of time.  I start at that speed and see whether I can get to one total mile on it, with a tenth of a mile being the minimum distance to cover.  Once I reach the mile goal, then the next time I am at the gym I will increase the speed by .1 mile and start again.  So far, here's how I've been doing with my running and walking according to this treadmill system (distance in miles, speed in mph):

DATE   RUNNING         WALKING
           MPH  MILES      MPH  MILES
  5/2       7.3   1.0                5.2    .2
  5/3       7.4     .2                5.2   1.0
  5/7       7.4     .7                5.3    .2
  5/8       7.4   1.0                5.3   1.0
  5/11     7.5    .3                 5.4    .2
  5/14     7.5    .4                 5.4   1.0
  5/15     7.5    .7                 5.5    .2
  5/17     7.5   1.0                5.5   1.0
  5/22     7.6    .5                 5.6    .6
  5/26     7.6    .7                 5.6    .8  
  6/5       7.6    .3                 5.6    .3
  6/7       7.6   1.0                5.6   1.0 
  6/10     7.7    .2                 5.7    .1
  6/12     7.7    .5                 5.7    .4
  6/14.    7.7.  1.0.               5.7.   .6
  6/17     7.8    .3                 5.7    .7
  6/24     7.8    .4                 5.7   1.0
  6/30     7.8    .8                 5.8     .2
  7/2       7.8    .4                 5.8     .2
  7/10     7.8    .5                 5.8     .3

No comments:

Post a Comment