This week I decided to switch my mid-week neighborhood training run/walks from Wednesday to Thursday, so it was this morning when I set out once again. I planned to go for 5.8 miles on my slightly-amended course, and so I did, alternating the distance between two minutes of running and two of fast walking...I covered it in 1:04:22. The temperature climbed quickly so that in late morning it had reached 90 degrees with 45% humidity. But I was able to do the task at hand and managed it well, with a fast recovery (but I did drink a lot of Gatorade). Since Thursday is also garbage/recyclables/brush-pickup day in my neighborhood, I was thus able to perform a public service by picking up empty brush containers that the workers had left rolling around in the middle of the street...I see a developing pattern to this. If conditions keep getting hotter in days to come, then my strategy will be to increase my time spent walking in relation to running. During my outing today I listened to a shuffle of songs by the alternative band Gorillaz, which included my current favorite song so far of 2024, New Gold...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment