Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Enjoying Amazon's Music Unlimited Feature

A few weeks ago Melissa, who is infinitely more adept than me at maneuvering through the intricacies of the Internet, got our household on Amazon's Music Unlimited feature.  Since then I've enjoyed listening to various artists I've loved in the past and have been reacquainted with a lot of forgotten music.  I've also used it to listen, commercial-free, while I do my neighborhood runs.  Alexa, who seems to be everywhere, is the AI voice I speak with to make my requests...sometimes she gets them and sometimes she's off track: hey nobody's perfect!  Already an Amazon fan...as well as with Google, which provides the platform for this blog as well as its amazing YouTube...this music feature has done for me what I had hoped Amazon Kindle would have done for books but hasn't by a long shot, with so much written material still digitally unavailable.  But I'll gladly take the music, both from Alexa and from YouTube, and take a rain check on the books.  Now excuse me while I get out my headphones and ask Alexa to play some Kinks...

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca PhillipsMay 9, 2024 at 8:34 AM

    In reference to the amount of written material that remains digitally unavailable, are you familiar with Internet Archive Wayback Machine? I have a feeling you may already be familiar with it, but if not give it a quick look. https://archive.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There's a lot of cool stuff on the Wayback Machine to explore...that's certainly a big step in the right direction. I especially dig the stuff in other languages.

    ReplyDelete