After suffering through much of the early part of February with rainy weather here in northern Florida, it looks like we've entered a stretch of pleasantly dry, cool conditions. That's good for me and my back yard, one end of which tends to get a bit marshy when it has been raining for a few days. I'd like to transform it into an outdoor exercise gym, and have the widest part between fences measured so that I can do walking and running laps. With walking, my timed speeds on this linear there-and-back cyclic course line up well with what I've been able to accomplish on my gym's treadmill. One reason for this is that when I reach a fence on my walk to turn back in the other direction, I have little need to decelerate, and thus tend to better maintain my pace. But with running this is different: if I don't drastically slow myself down then I'm going to crash into the fence. So I'm thus working on measuring out a more perimeter-based running course with smooth corners that will permit me maximum speed without having to slow down too much. I like the grass surface over asphalt with running since it jars the body less...save the hard impacts for races! My main issue is that, with the limited space it's hard for me to hit a challenging short pace. Also, I'm thinking of getting one of those overhead exercise bars that I can do dead hangs and chin-ups on. As for my gym, I can still go there for speed workouts on the treadmill and, of course, swimming. As well as possible resistance weight training...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment