Saturday, February 17, 2024

My Phone App's Muffed Weather Forecast for This Morning...So What's New?

I have this local weather phone app that is notorious for giving out faulty forecasts, even for the near future.  For example, yesterday I kept trying to ascertain whether it would be raining this morning for my planned 7:30 Depot Parkrun 5K race here in Gainesville.  The hour-by-hour prediction from the app kept reading 0% of precipitation until 9:00, when it rose to 45% for light rain...to subsequently increase for the remainder of the day and into Sunday.  So I wake up around 6 this morning and, naturally, it's raining and the soaked ground in the back yard says that it has for quite a while...no run today since I'm not so keen on slipping, sliding and falling on slippery surfaces: I had my fill of that hazard last week in Micanopy.  No problem, I can exercise from home and am currently getting ready to do so with the TV showing the PGA Genesis Invitational golf tournament, held in who-knows-where.  But I think there's a pretty high probability...nearing 100%... that once I get into my workout I'll probably be surfing around the channels, and I don't need any useless app to tell me that...

2 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity which app do you use? I use Wunderground and find it to be much better than the one that came preloaded on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1Weather is the name of my sorry-ass phone app. Melissa's is different and was much more accurate this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete