With the two major political parties virtually already nominating their candidates for president, this 2024 presidential campaign has been on the back burner in the news...thankfully, although to be perfectly truthful (as former House Speaker Tip O'Neill used to say) I haven't exactly been paying much attention anyway. This 2024 election between an authoritarian fascist and a seriously declining incumbent should be a big, big deal to me, and I plan to march drive right out there to my precinct first Tuesday in November and vote. To further complicate matters, a vaccine conspiracy theorist with an impressive political name has thrown his hat into the ring by declaring his independent candidacy...doesn't change anything with me, though. I will vote for the doddering decent dude over the fascist and the nutcase, and then let the chips fall where they will as I already recognize that I am on a runaway train and the easily manipulated American public is at the controls...democracy in action! So the Florida primary is next month...I think I'll vote in it anyway despite the preordained outcome...my polling place is the nearby Senior Recreation Center and I'd like to see what they've done there in the years since I've been there last. So yes, I'm cynical about politics, but to quote former president Barack Obama, "And may God bless the United States of America"...
Thursday, February 8, 2024
Hey, Where's the 2024 Presidential Campaign (and Do I Care?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment