This Saturday morning I woke up feeling a little under the weather, but I had already signed up to run a 15K race east of town. On top of this it was forecast to be unseasonably hot and humid...and it was! I decided to give my poor old body a break and skip the race...at 9:45 when I would have been in its closing stages, I checked the temperature and humidity: 72 degrees, 81%...ugh. I plan to run some throughout the year and the summer months here in northern Florida can be much, much worse than this morning was, but for today at least I'm passing on the long-distance running races. I still plan to run some today, but at a more relaxed level and in the more amenable environment of my home. Turn on the YouTube, I'll be virtually running to the NYC Marathon again.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment