Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Another Turn Toward Southern Stars in March

Melissa and I have planned a western Caribbean cruise for the beginning of March, in a few weeks.  Since we are going to be going back to more southern latitudes, I thought it might be a good idea to study my star maps and reacquaint myself with the constellations that I normally wouldn't be able to view at my 30 degree north latitude.  You might have noticed that I had dropped my "constellation of the month" feature on this blog...most of the rest of them appear in the southern sky, out of my range.  This might be an opportunity for me to, at least temporarily, revive that feature.  I think the southern constellations I'm most looking forward to seeing revolve around the super-constellation Argo, now officially broken up into Vela, Puppis, and Carina...along with ancillary smaller constellations in and around them...looking forward to seeing what I can see...

No comments:

Post a Comment