Thursday, December 21, 2023

Will Florida NFL Teams Make Playoffs

I was looking at the current National Football League standings the other day.  The teams have all played 14 games so far in 2024...I remember the good old days then that was all there was to the regular season, I'm that old! Too bad the season keeps going on for another three games, for right now, "my" three Florida teams...Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay...are each sitting on top of their respective divisions...the last two just barely, with the same win-loss records as rivals Houston, Indianapolis and New Orleans.  I don't hold out too much hope for the Jaguars or Buccaneers making the playoffs, but you never know how the ball is going to bounce in a close game (or how the refs will rule).  And the Dolphins, although two games ahead of Buffalo, lost to the Bills 48-20 earlier in the regular season and close it out with three difficult opponents...including another game with Buffalo.  Sure, I'd like to see Florida well-represented in the playoffs, but I'll manage whether any of them make it or not.  I take each playoff game and decide who to root for. On the other hand, if it's a Buffalo vs. Dallas Super Bowl, I might just boycott it...

No comments:

Post a Comment