Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Podcaster Extols Misogi Method: What Is It?

On yesterday's Mindset Mentor podcast, personal development coach Rob Dial encouraged his listeners to employ what he calls the Misogi Method to jumpstart their days and get themselves into the proper frame of mind to tackle projects and goals.  He says it's based on a Japanese word roughly translated as "water purification".  According to Dial, the literal application is to plunge oneself, for as long as possible, in very cold water...not a pleasant prospect, which is the whole point.  Once you've done it, he claims, other hitherto formidable tasks don't seem quite as daunting.  Misogi can be extended to other things, though, which is good because I don't think I need the cold-water treatment, thank you.  No, for me something like a brief, but intense, immersion in a social environment where I'm expected to speak to a group sounds like something that seems impossible but, after accomplishing, would make anything else seem attainable.  But then again, there's that cold water...

No comments:

Post a Comment