I was watching a little bit of the Republican presidential campaign debate on TV last night. There were four candidates on the stage: former Lousiana and New Jersey governors Nikki Haley and Chris Christie, respectively, current Florida governor Ron DeSantis, and some dude named Vivek Ramaswamy. Ramaswamy is an "almost billionaire" who founded a pharmaceutical company a few years ago and has been very politically active on the far right. He's also critical of American support for Ukraine in their conflict against invading Russia...sounds like somebody Trump, aka "Putin's Puppet", might like for a VP pick. Christie, a vehement critic of Donald Trump...who is vastly leading in the polls in the Republican race...bashed his debate opponents for refusing to likewise criticize the former president. I didn't care for anyone's performance in the debate...and I sure don't like Trump. I suppose that of the five, Nikki Haley stands out to me as the most presidential...yes, I think we would at least survive as a nation with her in charge and she isn't as dirt-dog-mean as the others in her party who are running. It's a shame we don't have better choices for president in 2024 than what we have been provided so for by either major party. And if you're think of vaccine skeptic Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s independent campaign, then think again. Joe Biden has recently said that he probably wouldn't be running for reelection were it not for Trump running again. Whatever happens, I guess I'll just exercise my right to cast my votes next year in the primary and then the general campaign and do my best to positively adapt to whatever the rest of my country decides. But sometimes I feel like I'm on a runaway train when it comes down to politics...
Thursday, December 7, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You'd think that with 340,000,000 million people we could come up with a better lot to choose from. And the fact that a single person can hold up military promotions for a year, or that a tiny group of 8 can essentially keep Congress from doing their job gives me that runaway train feeling you were talking about.
ReplyDeleteI've been staying more distant from the daily news grind, and I tell you that it's vastly helped my disposition.
ReplyDelete