Saturday, November 4, 2023

Ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun This Morning

Today's Depot Parkrun 5K would be more appropriately named the "Darkrun" since, after all, this is the Saturday just before the clocks go back an hour from Daylight Savings Time to good old Standard Time. It was slightly chilly before the race at 58°, with just 69% humidity.  There didn't seem as many folks here at Depot Park, a few blocks south of Gainesville, as last week...suits me fine!  As usual, I ran the 5K as an exercise in establishing a comfortable but brisk pace.  I went slow the first lap but finished strong, at 30:14...you can view the results by clicking HERE.  After I finished, I waited about ten minutes, then did an extra run, involving both the park and the adjacent Hawthorne Trail, for 2.4 miles, with this one alternating five-minute runs with a minute of fast walking.  Next week I'll once again run in the Florida Track Club's Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon, to take place on the same Hawthorne Trail, but further south and east from where I ran today, beginning and ending at Boulware Springs Park.  Because that race happens on Sunday the 12th, I can still participate in next Saturday morning's Depot Parkrun, either (or both) as a runner/walker or volunteer...I'll have to see how I feel in a day or two.  After leaving the park I noticed the local traffic was unusually heavy for a Saturday morning. Of course, I should have known: there's a Gator home football game starting at noon...

No comments:

Post a Comment