I know it's been a while since I wrote about my favorite ongoing popular music. Truth be told, for most of 2023 I had been largely listening to a playlist of favorites from last year. Up until October I had considered the curiously-titled song A Hairdryer by The Smile to be my "song of the year" but since then I've explored some album releases from some of my favorite alternative music acts and now have quite a playlist just from them. I purchased Sufjan Stevens' latest album Javelin and have been listening on YouTube to 2023 releases from Depeche Mode (Memento Mori), Gorillaz (Cracker Island), Metric (Formentera II) and the New Pornographers (Continue as a Guest). So right now here's my current "top ten" list of favorites for 2023, naturally subject to revision by year's end...
1 OIL by Gorillaz
2 SHIT TALK by Sufjan Stevens
3 MY COSMOS IS MINE by Depeche Mode
4 WHO WOULD YOU BE FOR ME by Metric
5 PEOPLE ARE GOOD by Depeche Mode
6 NEW GOLD by Gorillaz
7 PONTIUS PILATE'S HOME MOVIES by New Pornographers
8 BOTTLE EPISODES by New Pornographers
9 A HAIRDRYER by The Smile
10 MY FAVORITE STRANGER by Depeche Mode
No comments:
Post a Comment