I knew I'd run a faster 5K than lately when I woke up this morning and the temperature outside here in Gainesville was 64 with a pleasant 56% humidity. And such was the case for an extraordinarily crowded Depot Parkrun, my 23rd in this particular event that has been going on Saturday mornings since late 2018...with a substantial break during the Covid-19 outbreak. They will soon celebrate their 200th race in Gainesville...the Parkrun concept originated in England and has spread to several countries. Although my fastest 5K time, predating my participation in this event beginning in 2019, was a little over 23 minutes back in 2010, as far as the Parkrun is concerned my "personal record" has been 30:00. I thought there was a chance that I might beat that mark this morning, but I missed it, finishing on my watch at 30:23. But when I clicked on the Parkrun's website to view the race results, they had put me at 30:50...a gross error...and given my actual time to the next higher up runner. Maybe I'll contact them about it, maybe I won't. Sometimes the volunteers working there are new and get things mixed up...that's what it seemed like today. And there were many more participants then usual: it's the first time since I ran this event that I had to park in the overflow parking lot around the corner. As for volunteering, I think it's getting about time for me to once again throw my hat into the ring...maybe I won't screw it up like I did the last time I volunteered here...
Later, I did contact them and they corrected the results..
No comments:
Post a Comment