Friday, September 8, 2023

Quote of the Week...from Rob Dial

The one thing I really want you to understand from this strategy or another strategy is I just want you to have SOME strategy to hitting your goals.   
     ---Rob Dial

Rob Dial is the host and creator of the Mindset Mentor podcast, available on YouTube and other sites and devoted to personal development.  The above quote is from this past Monday's program in which Dial presented an effective approach to tackling personal goals.  In this he employed the acronym SMART:

"S": be Specific, precise about how, why, what, etc. you are trying to accomplish. Keep getting clearer, ask yourself detailed questions about the goal in question.  And visualize the outcome in as much detail as possible, while writing it down.
"M": Measurable, quantifiable results that can track progress along the way, breaking big goals into smaller ones.
"A": Achievable...think big but also think reasonable. Some goals that may seem unachievable might be attainable by sacrificing another part of your life, such as money, time, and other activities.
"R": Relevant...does this goal align well with your life values and ambitions, and why is it significant? Such examining can lead to a prioritizing of goals.
"T": Time...set a time limit, or deadline, for the goal's fulfillment.  Doing so can help create a sense of urgency and keep it in the forefront of your mind.

I brought up this particular podcast not only because it was helpful (it was), but also because I wanted to point out that Rob Dial's program is loaded with all these kinds of shows listing...either with acronyms or not...steps and/or facets of doing well in some personal area of development.  I don't need all of them...just take a few here and there and flow with it.  Sometimes wisdom has at its core some simple principles, but "learning" it all can become cumbersome when probably the best thing is to distill the main points and apply them.  I think Rob Dial would agree with me on that point...

No comments:

Post a Comment