Saturday, August 26, 2023

Ran Gainesville's Depot Park 5K This Morning

I could tell this morning that the humidity had drastically dropped when I stepped out of the car at Gainesville's Depot Park, a few blocks south of downtown.  Each Saturday morning they hold a free, volunteer-driven 5K run/walk in this pretty park, starting at 7:30.  You participate by signing up online and they issue you barcodes that you print out and take with you to be scanned...I believe they also have an app you can use on the phone to scan, although I'd rather leave it in the car while I run.  This morning I ran my second straight Depot Parkrun, this experience better than the last because of the lessened mugginess, although the temperature was an unpleasant 77 degrees.  Although it started packed and crammed with runners and walkers, after about a half lap (there are four in the race) it thinned out enough to where I felt comfortable establishing a steady pace.  It was faster than last week's, reflected in my improved finishing time of 31:29...click HERE to view the results.  There were a lot of people here today...120 finishers...and a lot of "first-timers".  I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll do next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment