Having followed the Professional Golfers' Association for the past few weeks, more or less, I've come to recognize the biggest names on the tour, as well as a few who have made their mark in recent weeks. Starting today and lasting through Sunday, it is holding its PGA Championship tournament in Atlanta, Georgia. Headlining the event are names like Scottie Scheffler, Viktor Hovland, Jon Rahm and Rory McIlroy. Also present in the exclusive field of thirty premier golfers are Brian Palmer and Lucas Glover, both seasoned golfers on the tour who just recently established their star credentials with impressive tournament wins, the latter coming out first two weeks in a row. I will be at work today and tomorrow but come the weekend I will be watching to see who prevails. Although I like Scheffler and Hovland, my favorites are the upstart underdogs Palmer and Glover. In any event it should be fun to watch. I don't play golf, but it seems like a fun activity, that is if you don't get carried away with it. Maybe I should start to look at getting some inexpensive clubs and persuade Melissa to try it out with me on a nearby course. Maybe I should check out some instructional videos on YouTube as well to avoid hitting innocent bystanders...
Thursday, August 24, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment