Personal development coach Rob Dial, on his Mindset Mentor podcast, often recycles the same messages, and the best presentations often appear on this blog. I know I'm repeating some stuff here, but the way I see it, if it ain't worth repeating, it's probably not worth stating in the first place! This podcast had him listing and describing "Seven Steps to Hit Any Goal", as it is titled. Now I'm usually not into setting goals as be-alls and end-alls, but rather as incremental steps, or milestones if you will, in my transforming into the person I want to become. That having been said, let's check out these goals...
1-Fixate on exactly what it is that you want.
2-Determine exactly what you will give up to achieve the goal (Rob's favorite point).
3-Figure out a date (deadline) you're going to hit the goal by.
4-Create a plan to hit the goal and start immediately.
5-Write a clear and concise statement...condensing the first four points into a mission statement.
6-Take the statement from #5 and read it out loud to yourself at least twice a day.
7-Determine how you can make it easier on yourself.
Does a lot of this sound obvious to you? It did to me...duh, these are all good suggestions toward achieving a felt goal. Yet the host left out the most important step: once you've figured out and done these seven steps, you still have to work diligently and patiently to attain your goal's fulfillment. Of course, that one is also obvious to most of us, I believe. Rob Dial gives credit to self-help book author Napoleon Hill in his book Think and Grow Rich for most of his pointers. The fact that Hill was something of a con artist in his day doesn't mean he didn't have some good things to say...you just have to filter it out from all the other crap...
No comments:
Post a Comment