Saturday, May 13, 2023

"Stepping Out" Today into Long, Brisk Walking

This morning I skipped Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K, which I had participated in for the previous three weeks in a row...I don't think I had ever raced for three straight weeks.  Instead, this morning I ran indoors to the NYC Marathon on YouTube and, just now, went out on a brisk 3.2 mile walk in my neighborhood as the storm clouds with their thunder and lightning quickly gathered to threaten my excursion's last mile or so.  I like working out indoors and also appreciate that here in Gainesville we have a Parkrun (check their website HERE to see if they have one in your area), but I miss getting out on my old neighborhood courses as well.  Since I have the Runkeeper app on my phone, I can pretty much walk anywhere and at any time...no need to change clothes, either, as I would if going out on a jog.  As the northern Florida weather deteriorates over the rest of spring and through the summer with scorching temperatures well into the nineties, I think long, fast walks are going to be the theme in my exercising for 2023.  I even plan to do pure walks during some of my future Depot Parkrun races, with two sets of personal records there to work on: one for running, and one for walking...

No comments:

Post a Comment