Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Plan to Enjoy Our Long, Hot Summer

I'm gearing up for a long, hot summer, briefly interrupted by a planned Alaskan cruise with Melissa late in July...assuming they don't cancel out.  I say that because two of the excursions within Alaska that we signed up for were canceled on us, and I have yet to set foot on foreign soil after our last cruise in 2020, which featured a stopover in the Bahamas, that excursion unceremoniously canceled as well.  This time around the foreign country in question is Canada, which I am frankly more enthusiastic about visiting.  In the meantime, my intention during the grueling Florida heat in the weeks ahead is to get outside a lot, stay hydrated...and get a lot a walking in, mixed in with a little running.  I heard that the pool at Westside Park here in Gainesville has reopened after a year of renovation...maybe a little stopover there with my senior discount would be a fun thing to do as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment