I'm having a great deal of difficulty generating any degree of enthusiasm for professional sports right now, be it the National Basketball Association or National Hockey League playoffs, or the start to the Major League Baseball season...and my recent interest in professional golf and soccer has considerably waned as well. Next month is the Kentucky Derby in horse racing...let's see, last year's winner was disqualified over banned substance issues, so I won't even know who won it after the race: what fun is that? Maybe it's just as well this way...I watched a couple of NBA playoff games and realized that I didn't care who won...same with last weekend's PGA tournament at Hilton Head in which the two leaders played what should have been exciting three rounds of sudden death playoff: ho-hum. It could be that I just have other things on my plate, but that's always been true. And now they're showing two competing off-season pro football leagues, the XFL and USFL...are you kidding me? On the other hand, I do enjoy watching videos of people running marathons and half-marathons in various locales...but almost always as a home workout tool, not vicarious entertainment. No, when I do sit back to watch TV, I'd much prefer to put on a YouTube coffee shop video and enjoy the ambiance...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment