The other day on my Disney+ channel, I watched Mary McCartney's special If These Walls Could Sing, about Abbey Road Studios in London and its great history, including that, of course, of her father Paul's group the Beatles. It made me consider how much I have missed by skipping over recorded albums from other groups and solo artists over the years. So, I'm setting out early in 2023 to catch up on my album listening with various recording artists of the past 50-plus years. I'm thinking of setting up another of my famous weekly blog features, this one going over various albums I hear and my favorite (and least favorite) tracks on them. I don't know that I'll necessarily devote a whole article to reviewing each album, instead using a format like I do on Wednesdays when I discuss different short stories I've read. Since I now have listening access to so much, this is a feasible project...who knows, maybe I'll come up with some new all-time favorite songs from this. I also have some catching up to do with some of my favorite acts that are currently out there, like Kasabian, Metric, Gorillaz, Arcade Fire, Spoon and the Strokes, for example. Let's see, how about doing this on Sundays? Looking forward to it, now let's get listening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment