I thought I'd get the 2023 New Year off on the right note as I got up early and drove down to Gainesville's Depot Park to run in their special event on this holiday Sunday morning, departing from their Saturday pattern. The weather, while not raining, wasn't exactly cooperating, though. The temperature at the 7:30 race time was an unseasonably warm 65 degrees with an extremely muggy 97% humidity (with fog everywhere), bringing to memory the horrible conditions for last November's Tom Walker Memorial half-marathon I struggled through. This time around I was wiser, taking the first couple of laps in the 3.1 mile course easy...I had to anyway as the asphalt/concrete trail was moist and slippery. No, my goal was just to reasonably get through this run, and I accomplished that, with a modest finishing time of 32:59...click HERE to see the complete race results. There were only 42 finishers this morning...no problem finding a parking space this time! I'm still thinking of entering the Florida Track Club's half marathon race two weeks from now, but I'd first like to get an idea what the long-range weather forecast will be for that morning and will need to wait another week to find out. It's being held on the Hawthorne Trail, originating and ending at its endpoint in the town of Hawthorne near the high school...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment