In November my running increased, with walking staying pretty much the same...with the former, it's something I need to intentionally do while the latter just comes about naturally over the course of my day. I ran on every day of the month and participated in two races, the Tom Walker Memorial Half Marathon on the 6th and the Depot Parkrun on the 12th. With the half-marathon, held on the Hawthorne Trail just southeast of Gainesville, the temperature/humidity combination was an unhealthy 70s/90s and I had to resort to long walking breaks during the last half of the race. A week later the shorter 5K was held under cooler conditions...no problem there. I had thought of running in yet another race, the Cupcake Half-Marathon on the 20th and also on the Hawthorne Trail...but originating in the town of Hawthorne. But it was forecast to rain that morning, and I steered clear of it. On Saturday, December 10th...once again on that dang-blasted Hawthorne Trail will be still another race, this one the Tyler's Hope 5K/15K dual event held to raise awareness and money to combat dystonia. I've run their 15K race twice before, the last time in 2019 before Covid shut everything down for a while. Once again, the weather will be a factor on whether I enter it or not...I plan to check the forecasts attentively. It's generally been warmer and muggier for this time of year...although I complain on race morning if the temperature is in the 30s or 40s, the races go much better under those conditions, which are also usually accompanied by lower humidity. I intend to continue my daily training in any case...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment