Rob Dial's Mindset Mentor podcast of late has featured some pretty spot-on topics...the last two installments have focused on gradual improvement over time as small, good personal habits accrue and build upon one another. He emphasizes the importance of envisioning who I want to become, taking pains to write it down in as much detail as possible. And becoming...as author James Clear has emphasized in his book Atomic Habits...is clearly the preferred path. On Dial's show this morning he suggests a 1% improvement from day to day...sounds reasonable to me although I'm not sure exactly how to enumerate "becoming": a lot of that habit-changing behavior doesn't always translate well into tangible measurement. Still, as much as feasible, I get what he's saying: it's important to monitor how I'm doing...and make some record of it, even if it is an imperfect process. It's all an imperfect process, anyway! He also makes a good point: sometimes we set goals for ourselves, projecting into the future our present capacity for fulfilling them. But we may be selling ourselves short with our planning in that "becoming" someone with abilities and habits can enable us to tackle more ambitious projects and live on a level that would not be possible today. Food for thought...but don't think too long before acting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment