I've been enjoying my weekend off from work, now on Saturday evening approaching the midpoint of it all...Smokey and the Bandit is playing right now on CMT channel. Earlier I witnessed a couple of concurrent college football games, one...TCU vs. Baylor...ending spectacularly with a literally last-second Horned Frogs victory (keeping them undefeated and in the college football playoff picture), and the other a dismal letdown of a performance by my hometown University of Florida against Vanderbilt, bowing to the Commodores in yet another chapter to the Gators' horribly inconsistent season. Now I'm toggling back and forth between Reynolds, Field, Reed & Company and the Tennessee/South Carolina game...looks as if relaxation is the word for today. I had been strongly considering running in tomorrow morning's Cupcake Run (yes, they actually had the nerve to call it that) in Hawthorne southeast of Gainesville...they offered a half-marathon option among their scheduled races. But the forecast has been for rain, and I've recently (and foolishly) run a half-marathon while ignoring the weather. That's all right...early in December there will be a 15K race to check out...if the weather is halfway decent, that is. On the reading front, I just finished reading Stephen King's epic time travel masterpiece 11/22/63, for the sixth time: guess there's something special to that book! And now I'm tackling (again) another jewel: his psychological horror novel It. No, I've been studiously avoiding the movie and/or television adaptations of these two great books...King's writing and my imagination have an excellent ongoing working relationship as it is, thank you. Well, I see Jackie Gleason's making his appearance, so I'd better be going...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment