In September I ran a total of 411 miles, with 20 miles being my longest single run...I also ran each day. In spite of these numbers, I've actually been taking it relatively easy with my runs, usually spreading them out over the course of each day and going slow, slow, slow. I do think I'm in good enough shape to engage in a few races over the next few months, as the longer distance events start to make their appearance during this progressively cooler time of the year in northern Florida. As for my walking, it was the same as in August...I naturally have plenty of opportunities to walk a bit over the course of my job as well as the day in general, easily covering, I'm sure, 100 miles in September although I'm not measuring it. Although Gainesville has a cool weekly, FREE race Saturday mornings at 7:30 (at Depot Park, just south of downtown), I just do not like getting up that early in the morning to go out there: no races for me this past month! Besides, I'm partial to the longer events such as 10K (6.2 miles), 15K (9.3 miles), and half-marathon (13.1 miles). In Gainesville there will be two 10K races in October and two half-marathons in November...still, I will need to get up early in the morning to run in any of them, dang it. And should I run in one or more of them, I will be focusing on covering the distance...of course, if I feel like seeing how fast I can go, I will...
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment